Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

For those that still check our blog I apologize for not keeping it updated. I use Facebook alot more these days but will TRY to keep up with this too. The holidays, as always, went by too fast! We were busy but had a great time and boys just loved every minute of Christmas! This was the first year Jack got to help make and decorate Christmas cookies and we had so much fun. Christmas Eve we went to Aunt Theresa and Uncle Luke's house for a delicious Italian fish dinner and even yummier desserts! Christmas we stayed in and since it rained all day it was a perfect day to stay in. If it was snow we would have had a ton because it poured! The boys loved everything Santa brought so it was a really good day. I made my mom's traditional cinnamon rolls for breakfast, love them! And we even made a big turkey dinner and had lots of leftovers :)


making christmas cookies


Christmas Eve


playing with their new train table

I have to mention that over the Christmas weekend we (I should say *I*) :) potty trained Jack!!! It took 3 full days but he is completely potty trained! We are so proud of him and he is proud of himself too! Now it's Patrick's turn....

For New Years we drove down to Palm Coast Florida to visit my mom and Ron. My grandma and George came over New Years day and we had a nice lunch and the boys played with all the cool presents from grandma. Unfortunately it was cold while we were there but we did take a trip to St. Augestine and visited the fort and walked around the town and had lunch.

opening presents and grandma's

Next up is Jack's birthday. 3 YEARS OLD!! We plan to take him out to dinner and to the Build a Bear workshop. We bought him a little Flyers hockey outfit so he can build his own bear, should be fun! He is all about hockey so we signed him up for skating lessons and bought him skates and a helmet for his birthday. His first lesson is next weekend, can't wait! We will have a birthday party for him the following week so grandma and papa can come down.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I love Patrick in mid-step in the background in one of the pics!
Patrick looks so much like you, Shelby! He looks so much like you did at his age.

Jenny T. said...

I've been struggling to keep up with my blog too... I enjoyed your update! And WAY TO GO JACK on the potty training!!!